Indonesian region is a region that has the most high level of earthquake risk among several seismic regions worldwide. Observing from a number of large earthquakes that occurred in the area of Indonesia turns out most of the buildings in our country still do not meet the requirements for earthquake resistant buildings. Responding to it from now if we would need to build a house to design the house so resistant to earthquakes.
Earthquake resistant houses in question are building houses if:
earthquake rocked lightly, do not damage anything,
moderate earthquake rocked, only suffered damage to non-structural elements alone,
earthquake rocked a large, may experience damage to non-structural and structural elements, but the building had to remain standing and must not collapse.
Therefore, in building a house there are several requirements that the building remained robust although affected by the quake. The following will give some examples spacehistories.com requirements when building earthquake resistant houses.
1. In building a house should be located above the soil structure stable
Given the land is as the successor to the current earthquake vibrations. As much as possible you have to build a house on unstable soil structure. Stable soil structure is a textured ground hard, dense, and uniform hardness. If the structure of the land the harder the soil particles will undergo smaller movements when exposed to earthquake shocks.
2. Design a house with building a simple layout
Should design the house with a simple plan, for example if you are forced to build a house with a sketch that is not symmetrical like a U-shaped floor plan, T, L, etc. then you need to perform the separation of the structure.
Besides the placement of insulating walls and the doorway should also be considered. Wherever possible place the partition wall and the door opening at the position symmetrical.
In making those areas should form the walls of the boxes so that the walls covered with one another can be related to either.
As we discussed above was the house must stand on stable ground, as well as the construction of foundation must also be placed on hard ground or a stable ang. Kuang when soil conditions are good, then you must mempebaiki foundation so that the soil will not easily disappear. Depth of the foundation should also dipehatikan, the best is the foundation that lies at a depth of 45 cm from the surface of the original.
House foundation should be made constantly around the house that will be created. Foundation walls of the rooms must be made constantly connected to other wall foundations. Then in the foundations need to be tied to one another so that the beam is not broken by using a binder called sloof on along the foundation. Always make sure the foundation, sloof and columns will be mutually bonded to one another.
4. At each wall area of 12 m2, must be mounted column, can use wood, concrete, steel, plaster or bamboo.
5.Rumah should be installed around the building block on which tied rigidly to the column so it can be tied to the building frame is sturdy and rigid.
6. On the roof of the house you can use wood that is dry or mild steel as the construction of the horses. Selection of the roof as well as possible choose lightweight roofing materials. the installation roof construction tie the horses so that the roof does not sag at the time of earthquake.
8. Choose materials with lightweight materials such as wall board, fiber board, plywood boards, cubicles and tie tightly the wall denyan column. Furthermore, when using the masonry / brick, it is better if you choose bricks choose a brick that is not easily broken. The characteristics of a good brick is brick if the complaint reads aloud. At each vertical distance of 30 cm, the installation of brick given armature that anchored to the column. Armature length of approximately 50 cm and a diameter of 6mm
9. To make the house with sturdy observe species material / mortar, mortar difference is also different results for each type of building strength tras, sand and cement have different properties. To so select the type of earthquake-resistant buildings tras, sand and cement were nice and mixing ratios should follow existing standards.
When building houses in areas with high seismic risk level, which is considered not only the beauty of the house but also have to think about how to make the home can withstand earthquakes. For that to build a house pehatikanlah things above so that your home earthquake resistant. Hopefully this article useful to add insight and knowledge so that you can build earthquake resistant houses that are beneficial for the family. Thank you